co-coaching

working with co-coach will need very high level of alignment so as to complement each other . This will have the multiplier effect on team 's progress . I see the challenges in this and would love to learn more about the approaches that you may have followed to have the high level of alignment with your co-coach .

Dr Arvind N Agrawal
Linkedin Profile : arvindagrawal1

One learning I took away is that for co coaching, each facilitator is capable of assuming the lead role. It is a clear partnership which is created to maximise learning and progress for the team. There are clear advantages around collaboration, challenging each other, using each other as sounding boards, reducing the load and enhancing noticing and creativity. What may come in the way is issues around trust, ego and different styles leading to lack of alignment.

1. What ethics challenges are you more aware of? What do you need to anticipate? What MUST you avoid?

In team coaching, the number 1 ethical challenge is that of "confidentiality". It's extremely essential for the coach to discuss all nuances of confidentiality in contracting with the sponsor, manager and the team upfront. Also, the learning that contracting in team coaching can be dynamic - and can keep changing depending on the needs of the team. A coach should remain neutral to all the stakeholders and consider the impact of ethical dilemmas from all prism of sponsor, manager and team.

1. Moving forward, next time you partner with a co-coach, what will you do differently (if anything) ?

I think getting the chemistry right with the co-coach precedes ideology, structure and method of coaching. I would spend time exploring purpose, values and strengths with the co-coach and only if we see alignment - would go ahead with operational elements of team coaching.

I look forward to working with a co-coach as I see it enriching the process, both in the room with the team and outside the room.